Sunday, May 16, 2010

Evaluation of our Art & Today Falcilitator Role

Rebecca and I prepared for our discussion facilitator role with the idea of creating a critical dialog among our peers and I believe we did an effective job. Our chapter was Art Nature and Technology. We organized our discussion by posing a question to each other and to the group that stimulated conversation. I definitely feel we hit all the salient points as we created an outline to guide us through the chapter and intermingled the extra reading within the main points from the book. The chapter was much more about technology than I had originally anticipated. I was leary about this at first but found the class had an overwhelming amount to say about this subject. Interest was especially piqued by transhumanism. I found the class extremely involved and needed to stear the conversation back around a few times to be able to get through all the points we wanted to cover. I learned how to move through the fear of leading the conversation and was enriched by all the other pionts of view arond the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment